Hello,
My name is Kylie Vanchena and I am
a MACSTEP student at UW-Milwaukee where I plan to be certified in teaching biology,
life science, and broad field science. My interest in science started in middle
school, where I was captivated by an amazing science teacher. I fondly remember
making bottle rockets, mummifying chicken breasts, and dissecting worms and
frogs. I hope be as inspirational to my students as she was to me.
I have always loved to travel and
explore new places. With a major in zoology, I was able to combine my love of
traveling with my love of science. I studied abroad in Kenya and Tanzania, and
in Ecuador. After graduating, I worked at a field station in the Australian rainforest
with SFS, the same company that coordinated by study trip to Africa. In
Australia I first experienced teaching students and fell in love with sharing
my knowledge with others. Besides traveling, another interest of mine is reading. I will read almost anything, and I love reading books multiple times, mostly the Harry Potter books. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family. Many live as far away as Germany, so I do not get to see them as often as I would like.
test comment
ReplyDeletewhat up ky
ReplyDeleteHello, testing comment!
ReplyDeleteGooogle!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the teaching profession, Kylie!
ReplyDelete